Monday 10 September 2012

Healthy breakfast smoothie



Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast - well, not really, Jules, not really.
I guess it's safe to say that not all movie wisdom is to be applied in real life (see also 'Hey, let's see what's in this creepy cave no one has ever been to!' etc. etc.)
As someone who thinks about food all day long I find it nearly impossible to understand how anyone can NOT have breakfast. But I know one argument that's always used as an excuse: I don't have time.
Well, smoothie to the rescue! This particular breakfast smoothie is basically your meal in a glass. 
5 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make. And delicious. And healthy. Anything with oats in it is healthy. Even muffins, I suppose.
You'll need a smoothie maker, food processor or a hand held blender (personally, I find handheld blenders the best as the cleanup is super easy).

To make a smoothie for one you'll need: 

2 bananas
2 tbsp oats
3/4 cup milk/almond milk/soya milk (I used unsweetened soya milk)
a handful of mixed berries (I used frozen)
a small handful of fresh blueberries


Now it gets tough and difficult. Not.
Pop all the ingredients (apart from blueberries) into a tall jug (I use a measuring jug).


Blend and pour into a tall glass. Scatter blueberries on top. Slurp.


Done. Breakfast in 5 minutes, done and dusted. Now off you go and spend the time you saved making breakfast standing in front of your wardrobe wondering what to wear. Or is it just me?


4 comments:

  1. This is really a healthy and a tasteful smoothie..I will surely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so heavenly and yummy, always a great combination! thanks for sharing, I need to be better about my breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how these pictures were taken. so perfect! and this sounds scrumptious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...