Saturday 15 September 2012

Thai salmon noodles


Despite what you might think I don't rely on chicken and bacon in all my dinners.
Fish is good too (I just wish it was a bit less expensive!). This recipe comes from BBC Good Food (again! well, what can I do? This website rocks!) I grew a bit tired of eating the same noodles with stir fry sauce over and over again and when I saw the salmon and sweet potato combination I knew I had to try it. I wasn't disappointed - the dish is incredibly fragrant, with the red Thai curry sauce complimenting the fish and potatoes and coriander adding freshness. 

To make enough for two you'll need:

1-2 salmon fillets, skin removed
1-2 tsp red Thai curry paste
4-5 spring onions
2-3 cloves of garlic
500 ml vegetable stock powder
250 ml milk
1 sweet potato
fine egg noodles
fresh coriander
black onion seeds, to garnish


Start by prepping your ingredients. Slice salmon fillet into 1'' cubes, mince garlic and chop spring onions.
Peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes.


Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan (or a wok) and fry off the Thai curry paste. Add garlic and spring onions and keep frying.


Pop cubed sweet potatoes in the pan, add milk and stock and turn the heat down. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.



While the sauce is simmering, boil a pot of salted water for noodles and throw them in. Most fine egg noodles only need 3 minutes.
While the noodles are cooking add salmon to the pan and gently stir it in. Cook for another 3 minutes - the salmon is very delicate and cooks quickly.


Drain the noodles, divide between two plates, then spoon the sauce over (it should be quite liquidy!). Sprinkle with coriander and black onion seeds. Eat!



Last week I made this dish with onion instead of spring onion and prawns instead of salmon - equally delicious - one dish two ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...